Top questions and conversation starters
The more you understand about psoriasis and the various treatment options that are available, the more confident you will feel about managing your symptoms effectively. Your best starting point is to talk everything through with your doctor or nurse. Remember, they are available to advise you and answer your questions.
The more questions you ask, the more you will know about your condition and how it should be treated.
If you're not sure what to ask in the first place, the following questions will point you in the right direction:
- What type of psoriasis do I have?
- What's causing my symptoms?
- What are my treatment options and what can I expect from them?
- How should I apply my treatment?
- How often do I need to use my treatment?
- How does it work?
- How soon might I see results?
- How long will I need to take/use my treatment?
- What are the possible side effects of my treatment?
- Do I need to make any lifestyle or dietary changes?
- Are there any patient support groups in my local area?
- Can you provide me with any information leaflets, brochures or DVDs?
- Is there anything else I can do to manage my condition?
Hopefully these questions have got you thinking about the issues that matter to you. The more questions you ask, the more you will know about your condition and how it should be treated, and this will increase the chances of success in managing your psoriasis.
UK/IE 2013b/00073, Date of prep: April 2015